Resources for CALS Employees
- Find a wellness room near your worksite, including Lactation Rooms and Reflection/Prayer Spaces.
- Explore UWell, a campus-wide effort committed to benefiting and promoting wellness for employees.
- Discover Well-being at UW, resources offered by the Office of Human Resources.
- Attend a Workplace Well-Being Community of Practice.
- Become a Badger Well-Being Champion.
- View news updates from Nutritional Sciences.
The 7 Dimensions of Wellness
Career and Academic Wellness
Career and academic wellness is management of our work or school lives while developing skills and moving closer to achieving our goals in a healthy way.
Financial wellness is minimal stress due to personal finances and a strong foundation that may include plans to pay back debt, saving for emergencies, and living within or below your means.
Physical wellness is taking care of our bodies in our everyday lives. This includes sleeping well, eating well, and exercising.
Social wellness includes building supportive and caring social relationships that contribute to a healthy community and support your individual successes.
Environmental wellness is taking care of the setting in which you work, study and play and realizing how these settings affect you.
Spiritual wellness is focused on subjective experiences and psychological growth that encourages meaningful acts and experiences.
Emotional wellness is the awareness of your emotions and how they are affecting your mood.