CALS Wellness Committee
The CALS Wellness Committee was launched in 2015 with the vision of a culture and environment of wellness in CALS. Our mission is to support opportunities that promote the health and well-being of the CALS community. We work in partnership with UWell, a campus-wide effort committed to benefiting and promoting wellness on campus. Our approach to wellness is holistic, and we strive to promote activities and events on campus that meet the 7 dimensions of wellness.
Have a question, suggestion or want to join the initiative? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALS Wellness Committee tip: Register for these timely self-care webinars offered via LifeMatters
The CALS Wellness Committee has partnered with LifeMatters, an employee assistance program offered via campus, to bring you three different self-care sessions during the first three months of 2023.
Once you register, you will receive a Zoom link for the session. Later, closer to the date of the session, the link will be sent again and the CALS Wellness Committee may share some LifeMatters handouts. Registration links for all three sessions can be found here.
Managing Wellbeing: Winter Blues
- January 19, 12-1pm
- Registration link: https://go.wisc.edu/23hnmu
- Description: The transition into the winter season can bring lowered energy and a change in mood. Learn the causes and effects of the winter blues. Content includes: do you get the winter blues?; the “blues” vs. Seasonal Affective Disorder; recognizing symptoms; tips for yourself and your family
Managing Life: Clutter Busters
- February 16, 1-2pm
- Registration link: https://go.wisc.edu/216d51
- Description: People often note that feeling overwhelmed is the greatest obstacle standing in the way of getting organized. We may feel defeated by simply looking at the cluttered desk, unfinished projects, or the endless piles of paper. Content includes: creating instant results; conquering “trouble zones”; maintaining an organized life
Stress Management: Personal Resilience
- March 9, 11am-12pm
- Registration link: https://go.wisc.edu/f2fw88
- Description: One factor influencing our stress level is how well we manage our energy. The concept of energy management is based on a new way of looking at self-discipline. It challenges the widely held view that time management is the key to work/life balance. Content includes: paradigm shift; energy management principles; engaged vs. stressed vs. disengaged; developing positive energy rituals
View More CALS Wellness Committee Tips
CALS Wellness Committee tip: Review the Wheel of Wellness
The CALS Wellness Committee hopes you have a moment to take a look at the list below and select a dimension to focus on, as you are able.
- Emotional: Taking care of your mind
- Social/cultural: Taking care of your relationships and society
- Financial: Taking care of your finances
- Environmental: Taking care of what’s around you
- Physical: Taking care of your body
- Spiritual: Taking care of your values and beliefs
- Career/Academic: Taking care of your future goals