While we mainly promote existing events to the CALS community, there are a few that we organize ourselves:
We also promote activities that departments can do to build healthy habits! (For example, smoothie day!) Let us know if there are any activities you would like us to share or promote! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALS staff enjoying an office smoothie day
About twice a year, CALS Wellness organizes biometric health screenings. The health screening is one of three steps you need to complete by October 19, 2018 to earn the $150 Well Wisconsin incentive. Log in to your Staywell portal to learn more and sign up for a screening!
Have you ever participated or would be interested in participating in the Crazylegs Classic 8k run or 2 mile walk? Each year the CALS Wellness Committee invite the CALS community, friends and family to join the CALS Crazylegs team. By registering with our team you will not only receive a $5 discount off of your online registration but it will also provide a great opportunity to connect with other CALS community members and get some great exercise! Email Kyle McMillen if you are interested.
The CALS Wellness Committee joined with the students of the Dietetics and Nutrition Club jointly to present nutrition-themed Lunch and Learns for faculty, staff and students. The Lunch and Learns cover hot topics in nutrition, such as supplements, meal prep and myth-busting, and often include a snack and/or cooking demonstration. We usually hold about three Lunch and Learns per semester that are open to anyone, but if you are interested in having the DNC give a special presentation to your unit/department, send us an email: email@example.com
Upcoming Lunch and Learns
- Allergy Friendly Foods, 3/28/19, 3-4pm, Room 227 Nutritional Sciences
Past Lunch and Learns
- Breakfast-themed, 3/1/19, 12-1pm, Room 227 Nutritional Sciences
- Fermented Foods Around the World (Flier), 11/16/18
- Beverages (Flier) 10/19/18
- Nutrition Labels (Flier) 4/20/18
- Meal Prep and Dorm Cooking (Flier) 3/6/18
- Winter Nutrition (Flier) 12/7/17
- Have a Healthy Halloween! 10/13/17
- Packing and Snacking (2.0) 4/21/17
- Myth Busting around Diet and Exercise 3/31/17
- Squash the Winter Blues: Eating Healthy in the Winter 3/1/17