Thank you for considering the UW College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) in your legacy plans. With your help, CALS will remain a leader in scientific discovery across the array of agricultural and life sciences.
We encourage you to connect with us at any time with questions or for further help. For more information about providing a legacy gift, please contact Annie Louis at (608) 308-5523.
Creating Your Legacy
Determine where at CALS to designate your gift.
- Make an unrestricted gift, providing CALS flexibility to utilize the gift in the area of greatest need at the time the gift arrives.
- Choose an existing fund or program to support that you care about.
- Contact us to discuss additional options for where to designate your gift.
Work with your estate attorney or financial advisor to update your will/trust documents or retirement plan/life insurance documents.
When including CALS in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: University of Wisconsin Foundation
Location: 1848 University Avenue, Madison WI 53726
Federal Tax ID Number: 39-0743975
Example will/trust language:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath to the University of Wisconsin Foundation, a non-profit, non-stock Wisconsin Corporation with principal offices in Madison, Wisconsin __________ percent (%) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate (or alternately, the sum of $_____). It is my wish that this gift will benefit the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. The details of this designation may be noted in separate documentation on file at the UW Foundation, and I request that the UW Foundation utilize my gift in accordance with the terms of that agreement. It is understood and agreed that should the purpose for which this bequest is instituted cease to exist, then the UW Foundation may devote said bequest for such other uses and purposes as it determines to be in accordance with my original intent.
Complete the Statement of Deferred Gift Provision form to let us know of your gift intentions and to ensure peace of mind that your gift will have the desired impact.
Alternatively, you can share the section of your will or trust that names the University of Wisconsin Foundation and CALS in your plans.
Common Fund Designations
For donors who wish to support an existing fund, the below list represents the most commonly selected funds that other donors choose to support with their legacy gift. This list is not exhaustive, so please contact us if you have interests outside of these examples of if you would like to discuss the creation of your own named fund.
- CALS Fund Gifts support the greatest needs of the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. (Immediate Use)
- CALS Scholarship Fund Gifts support scholarships for CALS undergraduate and graduate students. (Endowment)
- VandenBosch Student Experience Fund Gifts support out-of-classroom, hands-on experiences for CALS undergraduate and graduate students. (Immediate Use)
- CALS QuickStart Fund Gifts support the CALS Quickstart summer program, empowering incoming first-year students to jumpstart their college experience. (Immediate Use)
- CALS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fund Gifts support CALS diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. (Immediate Use)