Academic Policies & Forms

Academic Policies & Forms

Academic policies for the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) can be found in the KnowledgeBase.

Your academic advisor is also an excellent resource and can answer many questions related to policy. For any additional questions, please contact CALS Academic Affairs at Some common questions and processes are included below. Check the CALS Academic Affairs KnowledgeBase for complete details.

Additional Major / Degree Application
CALS students who wish to complete multiple majors or degrees are required to submit an application to CALS Academic Affairs for review and approval. The application process is available here.

Academic Standing
Information about academic standing, probation and dropped status can be found here.

Policies and procedures regarding graduation, including applying for graduation, commencement information, honors, DARS issues, and timelines, can be found here.

Guide to Requesting Exceptions
If you wish to request an exception to an academic policy, you should start by consulting with your academic advisor or contact a Dean on Call. Any CALS student needing assistance is welcome to meet with our Dean On Call.

Dean on Call
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
1:00-3:00 pm – in person, virtual, or phone
Make an appointment here: Dean on Call form (walk-ins also welcome)

Complete the Dean on Call form and a Dean on Call will be in contact with you as soon as the next Dean on Call hours are offered.

Common topics to discuss include credit overload requests, concurrent enrollment requests, late course adds or drops, late withdrawals, changing majors after 85 credits, and other personal and academic issues. Students are often referred to Dean on Call by their advisor.


Additional Major/Degree – review the policy