Policies for the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) can be found in the KnowledgeBase. Your academic advisor is also an excellent resource and can answer many questions related to policy. For any additional questions, please contact CALS Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.262.3003. Some common questions and processes are included below.
Additional Major / Degree Application
CALS students who wish to complete multiple majors or degrees are required to submit an application to CALS Academic Affairs for review and approval. The application process is available here.
Information about academic standing, probation and dropped status can be found here.
Policies and procedures regarding graduation, including applying for graduation, commencement information, honors, DARS issues, and timelines, can be found here.
Guide to Requesting Exceptions
If you wish to request an exception to a CALS policy, you should start by consulting with your academic advisor or contact our office at email@example.com or 608.262.3003. Any CALS student needing assistance is welcome to meet with our “Dean On Call.” During the Spring 2020 semester, students should email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, phone number, and short description of your question(s). A Dean on Call will respond to your request to set up a meeting by phone or other remote means.
- Transferring to CALS from another school/college at UW-Madison
- Changing majors/degree programs within CALS
- Request for Credit Overload
- Request for DARS exception
- Scholastic Policies and Actions Committee (SPAC) Request
- Information for Re-entry While on Dropped Status
Additional Major/Degree – review the policy
- 2 Undergraduate Majors Form – one in CALS and one in L&S
- 2 Undergraduate CALS Majors Form
- 2 Undergraduate CALS Degrees Form
- Additional Major/Degree Eligibility Assessment Form