The DEI Learning Hub is a database that offers curated Diversity, Equity and Inclusion content to support CALS’ staff, faculty, and graduate students’ professional growth. All resources are aligned with the identified learning needs of the CALS community and were selected to meet the needs of a wide range of users.
The CALS DEI Learning Hub is…
- Intended to support CALS employees in their role at UW-Madison by expanding DEI knowledge and utilization of best practices
- A supplement to the ODEI Consultation Service and CALS DEI Professional Development Requirement
The CALS DEI Learning Hub is NOT…
- A library, there is intentionally a limited number of resources available
- A calendar of events and trainings. Visit our learning & engagement opportunities page to find that information.
How do you learn?
CALS community members can engage with the Learning Hub by:
- Reading Articles or Books
- Listening to Podcasts
- Taking Courses
- Watching Videos
Learning Hub Topics
- Customer Service
- DEI Concepts
- Event Planning
- Hiring & Onboarding
- Intercultural Competency
- Leadership & Supervision
- Partnerships & Collaboration
- Recruitment & Enrollment
- Teaching & Learning
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To search for resources, use the filter options to narrow down your search. You can filter content by topic or modality and sort by date and title. You can also search by keywords.
After selecting one or more filters, a selection of resources will be displayed. Each tile includes the resource title and the date the content was added. Click on a tile to access a summary, view the approximate time it will take to engage with the content, and the link(s) to the resource. You may need to scroll down to access the link(s). Resources will open on a new tab on your browser.
If you are not sure where to begin, we suggest that you choose the ‘Spark my Interest’ option in the topic filter list to view a list of popular resources and reading suggestions.
The Learning Hub has a limited number of resources to ensure users can navigate it easily. The tool is not intended to replace Library Services or Google. However, ODEI plans to add new content periodically and users can request a consultation to explore other sources of information for a topic you are interested in.
Based on the feedback from the CALS community and their identified DEI learning needs, the following criteria were created to help identify resources and materials that fit the needs of CALS. Learning Hub resources met each of the following criteria:
- Is engaging and accessible
- Provides two or more reasonable suggestions to implement new learning in current role
- Includes at least one way to engage in reflection or makes a call to action
- Offers immediate user access to content
It you weren’t able to find a resource that suits your needs, please email email@example.com with a description of your request for assistance.
If you would like to discuss a topic in more detail, please click here to request a consultation session with an ODEI team member.
Unfortunately, the Learning Hub is not able to keep track of individual users’ content engagement yet. However, we encourage you to bookmark resources to your web browser. Alternatively, you can keep a log of titles you engage with and keep track of the dates you accessed content. New content will be added periodically.