Consultation is Partnership
The CALS’ ODEI provides no-cost consultation services to faculty, staff, and students. We partner with individuals and teams to support a variety of initiatives, identify gaps, and provide strategic guidance in addressing them.
You may request a consultation to discuss any DEI needs you or your unit may have, whether you’re seeking insight or looking to explore new ideas for your team.
Our goal is to be a partner and resource for learning how to better understand and integrate DEI concepts into organizational practices and policies. We offer support for a broad range of emerging challenges and opportunities.
- Assessing and improving departmental climate
- Building DEI shared core values
- Creating more inclusive classroom or workplace practices
- Designing and facilitating DEI learning opportunities
- Developing outreach and recruitment strategies to increase diversity
- Facilitating team building and development
- Improving mentorship practices
- Incorporating DEI into course materials, grant applications, and policies
- Increasing attention to experiences of race, gender, LGBTQ identity, disability, and/or other identities
- Strengthening intra- and inter-group relationships
- Supporting new and existing DEI initiatives
- Understanding and supporting underrepresented populations
- Addressing negative classroom or workplace incidents
- Addressing unconscious bias
- Working on issues of power and privilege
- Draw on DEI best practices and the strengths of the groups we serve
- Respect a broad range of backgrounds, identities, and community experiences
- Approach interactions with non-judgmental attitudes and utilize restorative practices to address issues
- Work collaboratively to seek solutions to problems through a genuine exchange of perspectives and information
- Customize project approach, scope of work, and timeline to the needs of the individual or groups involved
- Exercise discretion and respect confidentiality agreements within limits as governed by Federal and State regulations
- Provide ongoing and timely feedback
Interested in a consultation?
We would love to partner with you.